The season of Lent begins
The theme of the Mass was summed up in the introduction read by Ms. Baker:
God is a loving and forgiving Father. When we stray He wants us back. We are called to remember that God loves us when we say sorry. Today let us think about John the Baptist’s message to stop saying ‘No’ to God and to start saying ‘Yes’.
The intentions read by the students in Grade 3-4 included those found in Sr. Kelly’s book “Fifty Masses with Children”:
God our Father, we know you are always near, and that you never stop loving us, even when we turn away from you and do wrong. We want to live in the Way of Jesus, and we ask your help, as we pray.
- Help us to live in the Way of Jesus, and to love, trust and go to you at all times.
- Help us to treat others well, and to be ready to share with them, whenever we can.
- Help us to tell the truth, and to be honest in all that we do and say.
- Help us to live in the Way of Jesus, and to be helpful and obliging, at home and at school.
- Help us to be thoughtful and kind, and to forgive, when others hurt and do wrong.